15A NCAC 18A .2664 SUPPLEMENTAL COOKING ROOMS
The following construction standards apply to food establishments cooking on grills, pits, or fireplaces in supplemental cooking rooms:
(1) Grills, pits, and fireplaces shall be kept clean, maintained in good repair, and located in an enclosed room as specified in Sections 6-202.15 and 6-202.16 of the Food Code as amended by Rule .2656 of this Section and shall comply with Parts 4-1 and 4-2 of the Food Code as amended by Rule .2654 of this Section.
(2) Walls and ceilings shall be kept clean and in good repair.
(3) Floors shall be constructed of easily cleanable concrete or equal and graded to drain.
(4) Water under pressure shall be provided for floor cleaning.
(5) Ventilation systems and devices shall prevent grease or condensation from collecting on walls and ceilings.
(6) A handwashing sink shall be provided as specified in Section 5-202.12 of the Food Code as amended by Rule .2655 of this Section.
(7) Lighting shall comply with Sections 6-202.11 and 6-303.11 of the Food Code as amended by Rule .2656 of this Section.
(8) All food shall be processed in an area meeting the requirements for operation and construction as set forth in Rules .2650 through .2657 of this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-248; S.L. 2011-394, Section 15(a);
Eff. September 1, 2012.