15A NCAC 18A .2665 TEMPORARY FOOD ESTABLISHMENT AND TEMPORARY FOOD ESTABLISHMENT COMMISSARY PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
(a) A permit shall be issued by the regulatory authority to each temporary food establishment and temporary food establishment commissary that complies with Rules .2665 through .2669 of this Section. Temporary food establishments and temporary food establishment commissaries are not eligible for transitional permits. A single permit shall be issued for a temporary food establishment that does not operate consecutive days as long as the total number of days does not exceed 21. The permit shall be posted in a conspicuous place designated by the regulatory authority. The permit shall include:
(1) Name and location of the temporary food establishment and temporary food establishment commissary;
(2) Permit holder;
(3) Name and location of the event;
(4) Dates of operation; and
(5) Any other conditions necessary to remain in compliance with this Section.
(b) No food preparation shall occur prior to a permit being issued by the regulatory authority.
(c) When affiliated with a temporary food establishment for an event where the food will be served, a temporary food establishment commissary permit for prior food preparation may be issued for advance or off-site preparation. A temporary food establishment commissary may commence operation no more than 7 days prior to the event and operate for the length of the event up to a time period not to exceed 21 consecutive days.
(d) Temporary food establishments and temporary food establishment commissaries shall make application to the regulatory authority no fewer than 15 calendar days prior to commencing operation. This 15-day requirement does not prohibit the submission of applications for substitute vendors provided that these applications are submitted no fewer than 3 business days prior to the event. Applications shall be submitted to the regulatory authority and shall include the following:
(1) Name, mailing address, and telephone number of the permit holder of the temporary food establishment or temporary food establishment commissary;
(2) Name and location of the event at which the temporary food establishment operated immediately prior to the current event for which applying, if applicable;
(3) Name, mailing address, and telephone number of the event organizer;
(4) Event name, location, dates, and hours of operation;
(5) Proposed menu, food handling procedures, including anticipated food volume and sources;
(6) Food equipment list;
(7) Proposed water supply;
(8) Provisions for sewage and other waste disposal; and
(9) Any information necessary to ensure compliance.
(e) The regulatory authority shall require documentation to verify any provision of Rules .2665 through .2669 of this Section.
(f) The regulatory authority may condition the permit to ensure compliance with Rules .2665 through .2669 of this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-248; S.L. 2011-394, Section 15(a);
Eff. September 1, 2012.