15A NCAC 18A .2673 CONGREGATE NUTRITION SITES
Congregate nutrition sites shall comply with all requirements in Rules .2650 through .2662 of this Section with the following exceptions:
(1) Food preparation in a congregate nutrition site shall be limited to reheating food prepared in a food establishment or in a food processing plant or preparation of food that does not require cooking.
(2) Potentially hazardous food (time/temperature control for safety food) that has been heated or reheated at the congregate nutrition site and remains at the end of the day shall not be served or placed in refrigeration to be used another day.
(3) Only single-service articles shall be used.
(4) Equipment in the congregate nutrition site that is not certified or classified for sanitation by an ANSI-accredited certification program that is in good repair and operating properly may be used. At least a two-compartment sink shall be provided. The sink shall be of sufficient size to submerge, wash, rinse, and sanitize utensils. At least one drainboard, table, or counter space shall be provided for air-drying.
(5) Garbage can liners are required for all garbage receptacles unless the site has receptacle cleaning facilities as specified in Section 5-501.18 of the Food Code as amended by Rule .2655 of this Section.
(6) Water used for mop or receptacle cleaning shall not be disposed in the utensil sink. Wastewater from mopping, receptacle cleaning, and other cleaning operations shall be disposed in a service sink or another approved manner in accordance with 15A NCAC 18A .1900 or 15A NCAC 02H .0200.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-248; S.L. 2011-394, Section 15(a);
Eff. September 1, 2012.