15A NCAC 18A .2674 LIMITED FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS
Limited food establishments shall comply with all the requirements in Rules .2650 through .2662 of this Section, except that the following provisions apply in lieu of Rules .2654(2) and .2659(a) and (b), Section 5-204.11(b) of the Food Code as amended by Rule .2655 of this Section, and Sections 8-201.11 and 8-201.12 of the Food Code as amended by Rule .2658 of this Section:
(1) The permit for a limited food establishment shall be posted in a conspicuous place where it can be readily seen by the public at all times. Permits for limited food establishments shall expire on December 31 of each year. A new permit from the regulatory authority shall be obtained before the limited food establishment shall be allowed to operate each year. Transitional permits shall not be issued.
(2) The permit application shall be submitted to the local health department at least 30 days prior to construction or commencing operation. The permit application shall include a proposal for review and approval that includes a menu, plans, and specifications for the proposed limited food establishment, and location and dates of operation.
(3) Limited food establishments shall not prepare any potentially hazardous food (time/temperature control for safety food) prior to the day of sale.
(4) Potentially hazardous food (time/temperature control for safety food) that has been heated at the limited food establishment and remains at the end of the day shall not be served or placed in refrigeration to be used another day.
(5) All meats, poultry, and fish shall be purchased in a pre-portioned and ready-to-cook form.
(6) Equipment in the limited food establishment that is not certified or classified for sanitation by an ANSI-accredited certificate program that is in good repair and operating properly may be used. At least a two-compartment sink shall be provided. The sink shall be of sufficient size to submerge, wash, rinse, and sanitize utensils and shall have splashback protection. At least one drainboard, table, or counter space shall be provided for air-drying.
(7) Only single-service articles shall be used.
(8) Limited food establishments may prepare food in accordance with Rule .2669(b) of this Section.
(9) Floors, walls, and ceilings of limited food establishments shall meet the requirements of this Section, except those limited food establishments preparing food in accordance with Rule .2669(b) of this Section. Limited food establishments shall use dustless methods of floor cleaning and all, except emergency floor cleaning, shall be done during those periods when the least amount of food and drink is exposed, such as after closing, or between meals.
(10) All areas in which food is handled, prepared, or in which utensils are washed, shall be provided with artificial lighting that complies with Section 6-202.11 of the Food Code as amended by Rule .2656 of this Section.
(11) A handwashing sink shall be provided in food service areas for use by employees only.
(12) Toilet facilities shall be provided for use by employees. Public toilet facilities provided on the grounds of the facility where the associated amateur athletic event is taking place are acceptable. Toilet facilities for the public are not required.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-248; S.L. 2011-394, Section 15(a);
Eff. September 1, 2012.