SECTION .3100 ‑ CHILDHOOD LEAD POISONING PREVENTION PROGRAM
15A NCAC 18A .3101 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply throughout this Section:
(1) "Child-occupied facility" means as defined at G.S. 130A-131.7(2).
(2) "Department" means the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
(3) "High contact areas for children" means areas including sandboxes, gardens, play areas, pet sleeping areas, and areas within three feet of a residential housing unit or child-occupied facility.
(4) "Residential housing unit" means as defined at G.S. 130A-131.7(16).
(5) "Safe work practices" are methods used to avoid creating lead-based paint hazards during on-site work that disturbs paint that may contain lead as set forth in the United States Environmental Protection Agency publication "Steps to Lead Safe Renovation, Repair, and Painting," which is hereby incorporated by reference, including any subsequent amendments and editions, and available free of charge at: https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2013-11/documents/steps_0.pdf.
(6) "Specialized cleaning" is the use of cleaning protocols that have been shown to be effective in removing lead-contaminated dust as set forth in the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development publication "Guidelines for the Evaluation and Control of Lead-Based Paint Hazards in Housing," which is hereby incorporated by reference, including any subsequent amendments and editions, and available free of charge at: https://www.hud.gov/sites/documents/SECOND_EDITION_2012.PDF.
(7) "Visual inspection" means an on-site assessment by the Department or its agent authorized pursuant to 15A NCAC 01O .0101(4) to determine compliance with the approved remediation plan as set forth in G.S. 130A-131.9C.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-131.5;
Eff. October 1, 1990;
Transferred and Recodified from 15A NCAC 19I .0101 Eff. August 28, 1991;
Transferred and Recodified from 15A NCAC 21E .0401 Eff. February 18, 1992;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1996; January 1, 1995; July 1, 1992;
Temporary Amendment Eff. November 21, 1997;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1999;
Readopted Eff. April 1, 2021.