15A ncac 18a .3311 CLEANING AND SANITIZING OF EQUIPMENT AND UTENSILS
(a) Multi‑use tableware shall be washed, rinsed, and sanitized after each use.
(b) Food‑contact surfaces of equipment and utensils shall be washed, rinsed, and sanitized:
(1) Each time there is a change from raw to ready‑to‑eat foods;
(2) Each time there is a change in processing between types of raw animal products such as beef, fish, lamb, pork, and poultry;
(3) After any contamination may have occurred;
(4) Whenever necessitated by food temperature, room temperature, type of food, and food particle accumulation; and
(5) After final use each working day.
(c) Nonfood‑contact surfaces of equipment shall be cleaned as often as is necessary to keep the equipment free of accumulation of dust, dirt, food particles, and other debris.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-235;
Eff. August 1, 2002.