15A NCAC 18A .3504 INSPECTIONS AND RE-INSPECTIONS
(a) For primitive experience camps that operate six months or less per calendar year, an unannounced inspection shall be conducted at least once during the operating season. For primitive experience camps that operate more than six months of each calendar year, an unannounced inspection shall be conducted at least once each six month operating period.
(b) Upon arrival at a primitive experience camp, Environmental Health Specialists shall identify themselves and their purpose in visiting that establishment. Environmental Health Specialists shall inquire as to the identity of the responsible person and invite the responsible person to accompany them during the inspection. Following the inspection, the Environmental Health Specialist shall offer to review the results of the inspection with the responsible person.
(c) Inspections of primitive experience camps shall be done on a form furnished by the Department to local health departments. The form shall provide for at least the following information:
(1) the name and mailing address of the facility;
(2) the name of the person to whom the permit is issued;
(3) the permit and status of approval given;
(4) standards of construction and operation as listed in Rules .3505 through .3517 of this Section;
(5) a short explanation for all deficiencies;
(6) the signature of the Environmental Health Specialist;
(7) the date.
(d) If it is determined that the camp is not operating according to the approved plan of operation, the permit may be suspended or revoked until discrepancies are corrected.
(e) Grade cards shall not be posted.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-248;
Eff. May 1, 2004.