15A NCAC 18A .3505 SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR PRIMITIVE BASE CAMPS
Primitive experience camps base of operations shall comply with the following:
(1) Any camp buildings such as shelters, storage facilities, food storage facilities, permanent sleeping quarters and sheds, shall be kept clean and in good repair,
(2) Where bedding including sleeping bags or bed linens is provided by the primitive experience camp, such items shall be washed or laundered between users and kept in good repair.
(3) All garbage and other solid wastes shall be stored and disposed of in a manner consistent with local, state and federal ordinances, rules and laws.
(4) Toilet facilities shall be provided at convenient and accessible locations distributed throughout the base of operations at a rate of not more than 20 campers and staff per toilet seat.
(5) All sewage shall be disposed of in an approved manner.
(6) Base camps shall comply with Rule .3506 Sanitation of this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-248;
Eff. May 1, 2004.