SUBCHAPTER 18B ‑ MOSQUITO CONTROL
SECTION .0100 ‑ STATE AID FOR MOSQUITO CONTROL
Rules .0101 ‑ .0108 of Title 15A Subchapter 18B of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T15A.18B .0101 ‑ .0108); has been transferred and recodified from Rules .0202 ‑ .0207 Title 10 Subchapter 10C of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T10.10C .0202 ‑ .0207). Rules .0107 ‑ .0108 of Title 15A Subchapter 18B of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T15A.18B .0107 ‑ .0108); has been transferred and recodified from Rules .0209 ‑ .0210 Title 10 Subchapter 10C of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T10.10C .0209 ‑ .0210), effective April 4, 1990.
15A NCAC 18B .0101 PROGRAM APPLICATION FORMS
(a) Before aid is given in the form of cash, the mosquito control districts or other local governmental units shall submit program application forms to the Department. These forms shall be used for surveillance, water management, chemical control, biological control, and community education programs.
(b) Program application forms shall include at least the following:
(1) Need statement describing mosquito problem to be abated;
(2) Work plan describing procedures for meeting needs;
(3) Annual budget itemizing salaries (by position) and other general operating expenses, including budgeted cost for contracted services. A separate itemized budget shall be submitted for all water management activities. Categories of budgeted costs eligible for reimbursement shall be provided by the Department;
(4) Budgets shall include proposed equipment usage on an hourly basis within the limits provided by an equipment depreciation credit schedule which is authorized by the Department;
(5) The signature of authorized officials;
(6) When the applicant proposes to use approved insecticides or other approved materials requiring dispersal under the supervision of licensed personnel, then the licensed public operator is to be designated, including name and pesticide applicator registration number.
(c) The program application forms are available at the office of the Public Health Pest Management Section.
(d) Applications for state aid must be received in sufficient time to allow processing of applications and agreements prior to July 1 of the proposed funding year. Application due dates will be established annually by the Department, and will be communicated to interested local government units. Following the receipt of the applications, funds will be allocated, based on the applications received, on a matching and pro‑rata basis as provided by these Rules.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑347;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. December 5, 1977;
Amended Eff. September 1, 1990; January 1, 1986; July 1, 1982; January 1, 1980.