SECTION .0300 ‑ CONTROL OF IMPOUNDED WATER
Rules .0301 ‑ .0309 of Title 15A Subchapter 18B of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T15A.18B .0301 ‑ .0309); has been transferred and recodified from Rules .0401 ‑ .0409 Title 10 Subchapter 10C of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T10.10C .0401 ‑ .0409), effective April 4, 1990.
15A NCAC 18B .0301 DEFINITIONS
For the purpose of this Section certain words and terms used herein are defined as follows:
(1) The term "impounded water" means any body of water formed by the construction or excavation of a basin or the obstruction of stream flow in such a manner as to cause the collection of a body of water which would not have formed under natural conditions. Such impounded water of less than one hundred acres of water surface is not included in this definition.
(2) The word "person" means any individual, firm, corporation, or governmental agency owning or otherwise directly responsible for the impounded area or area to be impounded; or the agent, representative or lessee of such individual, firm, corporation, or governmental agency.
(3) The term "disease‑producing mosquitoes" means any species of mosquito proven to be a vector.
(4) The word "flotage" means any collection of small material on the surface of impounded water, such as leaves, chips, bark, small twigs, grasses, and the like, which may provide breeding conditions favorable to disease‑producing mosquitoes.
(5) The word "drift" means any large material on the surface of impounded water, such as logs, brush, and the like which may collect and hold flotage or otherwise produce conditions favorable to the production of disease‑producing mosquitoes.
(6) The term "control measures" means any measures approved by the Commission for Public Health which are used in the prevention or control of vector‑borne disease. These measures include fluctuation of the water level, removal of flotage, removal of drift, removal of aquatic or other growth, application of larvicides, screening, or any other measures effective in the control of vector‑borne disease.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑348;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. December 5, 1977;
Amended Eff. June 15, 1979.