15A NCAC 18C .0308 ENGINEERING PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS
(a) Engineering Plans. Engineering Plans for water supply systems shall consist of the following:
(1) title information including the following:
(A) name of the city, town, board, commission or other owner for whom the plans were prepared;
(B) the locality of the project;
(C) the general title of the set of drawings and prints;
(D) the specific title of each sheet;
(E) the date; and
(F) the scales used;
(2) a preliminary plat plan or map showing the location of proposed sources of water supply;
(3) a general map of the entire water system showing layout and all pertinent topographic features;
(4) detail map of source or sources of water supply;
(5) layout and detail plans for intakes, dams, reservoirs, elevated storage tanks, standpipes, pumping stations, treatment plants, transmission pipelines, distribution mains, valves, and appurtenances and their relation to any existing water system, and the location of all known existing structures or installations and natural barriers that might interfere with the proposed construction; and
(6) the north point.
(b) Specifications. Complete detailed specifications for materials, equipment, workmanship, test procedures and specified test results shall accompany the plans. The specifications shall include, where applicable:
(1) the design and number of chemical feeders, mixing devices, flocculators, pumps, motors, pipes, valves, filter media, filter controls, laboratory facilities and equipment, and water quality control equipment and devices;
(2) provision for continuing with minimum interruption the operation of existing water supply facilities during construction of additional facilities;
(3) safety devices and equipment;
(4) procedure for disinfection of tanks, basins, filters, wells and pipes; and
(5) identification of type, brand name, and model number for all back flow devices.
(c) One copy of the engineering plans and specification, upon approval, will be returned to the person or persons making application for approval.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑315; 130A‑317; P.L. 93‑523;
Eff. January 1, 1977;
Readopted Eff. December 5, 1977;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1994; July 1, 1993;
Temporary Amendment Eff. October 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2000;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. November 23, 2015.