15A NCAC 18C .0713 PRESSURE FILTERS
Pressure filters shall not be used in treatment of surface waters. Pressure filters may be approved for treatment of existing groundwater sources under the influence of surface water under the following conditions:
(1) Design standards for gravity filters in Rule .0708 of this Section shall apply.
(2) Overall plant design shall comply with Rule .0404 of this Subchapter.
(3) Special design or operational features or modifications shall be provided when needed due to water quality or design of the proposed filter.
(4) If the Department determines that the proposed water treatment plant employs treatment techniques that are consistent with this Subchapter, a pilot plant study shall be conducted in accordance with Rule .0714 of this Section.
(5) If the pilot study demonstrates to the Department that the proposed plant can consistently produce water which complies with all requirements of this Subchapter, detailed engineering plans and specifications for the proposed plant and appurtenances shall be presented to the Department for review and approval prior to construction or letting a contract.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-315; 130A-317; P.L. 93-523;
Eff. July 1, 1994.