15A NCAC 18C .1609 EXEMPTION REQUEST
A supplier of water may request an exemption for a public water system by submitting a written request to the Secretary. Suppliers of water may submit a joint request for exemptions when they seek similar exemptions under similar circumstances. Any request for an exemption or exemptions shall include the following information:
(1) the nature and duration of exemption requested;
(2) relevant analytical results of water quality sampling of the system, including results of relevant tests conducted pursuant to the requirements of the drinking water regulations;
(3) explanation of the compelling factors such as time or economic factors which prevent such system from achieving compliance;
(4) other information, if any, believed by the applicant to be pertinent to the application;
(5) a proposed compliance schedule, including the date when each step toward compliance will be achieved;
(6) such other information as the Secretary may require.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑315; 130A‑321; P.L. 93‑523; 40 C.F.R. 142;
Eff. September 1, 1979;
Transferred and Recodified from 10 NCAC 10D .2507 Eff. April 4, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. November 23, 2015.