SECTION .0500 ‑ RULE MAKING PROCEDURES
Rules .0501 ‑ .0508 of Title 15A Subchapter 18D of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T15A.18D .0501 ‑ .0508); has been transferred and recodified from Rules .0501 ‑ .0508 Title 10 Subchapter 10E of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T10.10E .0501 ‑ .0508), effective April 4, 1990.
15a ncac 18d .0501 PETITIONS
(a) Any person wishing to request the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule of the Water Treatment Facility Operators Board of Certification (hereinafter referred to as the Board) shall make his request in a petition addressed to: Chairman, North Carolina Water Treatment Facility Operators Certification Board, 1635 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-1635.
(b) The petition shall contain the following information:
(1) either a draft of the proposed rule or a summary of its contents;
(2) the statutory authority for the agency to promulgate the rule;
(3) the reasons for the proposal;
(4) the effect of proposed rules on existing rules or orders;
(5) any data supporting the proposal;
(6) the effect of the proposed rule on existing practices in the area involved, including cost factors;
(7) the names and addresses, if known, of those most likely to be affected by the proposed rule; and
(8) the name and address of the petitioner.
(c) The Board shall determine, based on a study of the facts stated in the petition, whether the public interest will be served by granting the petition. The Board shall consider all the contents of the submitted petition, plus any additional information it deems relevant.
History Note: Authority G.S. 150B-20; 90A‑21(c);
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. March 1, 1979;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2002; September 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 26, 2015.