section .0800 – continuing education requirements
15a ncac 27 .0801 REQUIREMENTS
(a) Every certified well contractor shall obtain two Continuing Education Units (CEU) each year for the first three years of the contractor's certification. CEUs shall be earned during the renewal period. The renewal period is July 1 through June 30.
(b) If subject to disciplinary action, the certified well contractor shall complete continuing education as required by the Commission per G.S. 87-98.12.
(c) Selection of courses and activities that meet the requirements of Rule .0820 of this Chapter is the responsibility of the certified well contractor.
(d) CEUs may be earned as follows:
(1) completion of college courses or community college courses;
(2) completion of continuing education courses, including correspondence, televised, videotaped, audiotapes, webinars, and other courses/tutorials that provide a completion certificate;
(3) teaching or instructing a course described in Subparagraph (1) or (2) of this Paragraph;
(4) attending or making presentations at professional or technical events, including seminars, in-house courses, workshops, meetings, conventions, or conferences; or
(5) authoring published papers, articles, or books.
History Note: Authority G.S. 87-98.12; 143B-301.11;
Temporary Adoption Eff. December 15, 1998;
Eff. August 1, 2000;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2015; May 1, 2011;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2017.