15a ncac 27 .0810 APPROVAL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
(a) Courses shall be preapproved by a representative(s) of the Commission no less than 30 days prior to the course date.
(b) Course approvals shall expire June 30 of each certification period for which they have been approved.
(c) Representatives of the Commission shall be allowed to attend any approved course for the purpose of auditing without fee or advance notice.
(d) The Commission shall approve courses that instruct on well contractor activities and the use of well contractor equipment, products, and materials. To be approved, courses and activities shall result in the maintenance, improvement, or expansion of skills and knowledge related to the practice of well contractor activities. Additionally, requests for approval of courses or activities shall include the following information:
(1) course or activity content;
(2) timed agenda for the course;
(3) all course or activity dates and locations;
(4) qualifications of instructors (including both education and experience); and
(5) a sample of completion certificate or other forms provided by or to be preapproved by the Commission for use in documenting attendance.
(e) CEU credit shall not be awarded for courses involving sales of products to course attendees.
History Note: Authority G.S. 87-98.12; 143B-301.11;
Temporary Adoption Eff. December 15, 1998;
Eff. August 1, 2000;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2015; May 1, 2011;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2017.