SUBCHAPTER 6D ‑ INSTRUCTION
SECTION .0100 ‑ CURRICULUM
16 ncac 06D .0101 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Subchapter:
(1) "Competency goals" means broad statements of general direction or purpose.
(2) "Course unit" means at least 150 clock hours of instruction for courses taught on a traditional schedule and at least 135 clock hours of instruction for courses taught on a block schedule. LEAs may award credit for short courses in an amount corresponding to the fractional part of a total unit.
(3) "Curriculum guide" means a document prepared by the department for each subject or area of study listed in the standard course of study and many commonly offered electives, including competency goals, objectives and suggested measures.
(4) "Diploma" means that document by which the LEA certifies that a student has satisfactorily completed all state and local course requirements and has passed the North Carolina Competency Test.
(5) "Graduation" means satisfactory completion of all state and local course requirements and achievement of a passing score on the North Carolina Competency Test.
(6) "Measures" means a variety of suggestions for ways in which the student may demonstrate ability to meet an objective.
(7) "Objective" means a specific statement of what the student will know or be able to do.
(8) "Proper test administration" means administration of tests adopted by the SBE for students, in accordance with Section .0300 of this Subchapter.
(9) "Special education student" means a student enrolled in or eligible for participation in a special educational program.
(10) "Standard course of study" means the program of course work which must be available to all public school students in the state.
(11) "Transcript" means that document which provides a record of:
(a) all courses completed and grades earned;
(b) scores achieved on standardized tests; and
(c) participation in special programs or any other matter determined by the LEA.
History Note: Authority G.S. 115C-81;
Eff. July 1, 1986;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2002.