16 NCAC 06E .0102 ATTENDANCE EXCUSED
(a) LEAs shall excuse the temporary absence of a student upon a showing of satisfactory evidence of one of the following bases:
(1) Illness or injury prevents the student from being physically able to attend school.
(2) The local health officer or the State Board of Health orders the isolation of the student.
(3) The student is absent due to the death of a member of the immediate family.
(4) The student has a medical or dental appointment.
(5) The student is a party to or is under subpoena as a witness in the proceedings of a court or administrative tribunal.
(6) The student is absent due to a religious observance in accordance with local school board policy.
(7) The student obtains prior approval to take advantage of a valid educational opportunity, such as travel.
(b) LEAs may excuse temporary or occasional absences for other reasons in accordance with local board policies, provided that the student has been in attendance for at least one-half of the school day.
History Note: Authority G.S. 115C‑379;
Eff. July 1, 1986;
Amended Eff. June 1, 1996.