16 NCAC 06E .0302 NON‑CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR STATUS
To qualify for non‑certified instructor status, a person must, as a minimum:
(1) be at least 21 years of age and have graduated from high school or hold a high school equivalency certificate;
(2) be of good moral character;
(3) not have had convictions of moving violations totaling seven or more points in the three years preceding the date of application;
(4) have at least four years' experience as a licensed operator of a motor vehicle;
(5) not have had a revocation or suspension of his or her driver's license in the four years immediately preceding the date of application; and
(6) have completed the licensed instructor course offered through the community college system and approved by the Department and the Division of Motor Vehicles.
History Note: Filed as a Temporary Adoption Eff. August 12, 1991 For a Period of 180 Days to Expire on February 7, 1992;
Authority G.S. 20‑88.1; 115C‑216;
Eff. March 1, 1992.