18 NCAC 04 .0317 AUTHORIZATION OF CORRECTIONS ON DOCUMENTS
A document that is submitted to the Corporations Division for filing but rejected because it does not satisfy the requirements of Chapter 55, 55A, 57C, or 59 may be corrected by the examiner in charge of examining the document provided that the examiner is authorized by the person submitting the document to make the correction. Upon receiving such authorization, the examiner shall obtain and record by memorandum the following information:
(1) the name of the entity to which the document relates;
(2) the type of document;
(3) the name of the person authorizing the correction;
(4) the name of the person or entity represented by the person authorizing the correction;
(5) the instructions received by the examiner making the correction;
(6) the time, date, and manner of the authorization, including a telephone number by which the person authorizing the correction may be reached; and
(7) the name of the examiner making the correction.
The memorandum of authorization shall be retained by the Division with the original of the document so corrected. Upon request, a copy of the memorandum of authorization shall be furnished to any person desiring one.
History Note: Authority G.S. 55D-5; 55D-15; 57D-1-20; 57D-1-30; 59-206;
Temporary Adoption Eff. November 10, 1995;
Eff. March 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 20, 2015.