18 NCAC 06A .1807 REQUEST FOR INTERPRETATIVE OPINIONS
(a) Requests for interpretative opinions shall be directed to the administrator and shall contain the following:
(1) Specific facts surrounding the proposed transaction in letter form with the identity of the persons involved;
(2) The statutory and/or rule citation upon which the request is based;
(3) Statement of the applicant's requested interpretation supported by appropriate reasoning or justification and applicable case law or administrative opinions or decisions;
(4) Any other relevant information or exhibits that the applicant desires the administrator to consider; and
(5) A fee in the amount of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00).
(b) An interpretative opinion shall not be considered an absolute exemption or exception from a definition. The burden of proving an exemption or exception from a definition shall remain upon the person claiming it should the necessity of proof arise.
(c) The administrator may, in his discretion, honor or deny requests for interpretative opinions.
History Note: Authority G.S. 78C‑30(a); 78C‑31(e);
Temporary Rule Eff. January 2, 1989, for a period of 180 days to expire on June 30, 1989;
Eff. February 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.