SECTION .2100 – RULES FOR LOCAL PUBLIC OFFERINGS (LPO)
18 NCAC 06A .2101 PURPOSE
The purpose of the rules in this Section is to promote the overall economic health of North Carolina by:
(1) facilitating responsible and competitive intrastate capital formation by North Carolina companies through increased availability of financial resources to businesses that might not otherwise have access to capital;
(2) facilitating opportunities for North Carolinians to invest in local businesses;
(3) facilitating the use of general solicitation and advertising in small local public issuer offerings that are conducted in a controlled and documented manner;
(4) facilitating small intrastate capital securities offerings that may use the Internet; and
(5) protecting the investing public.
History Note: Authority G.S. 78A-17.1(a)(5); 78A-17.1(f); 78A-49(a); 78A-49(d); 78A-64; S.L. 2016-103, s.4.(a);
Eff. April 1, 2017 to expire on April 1, 2021.