18 NCAC 07B .0102 DEFINITIONS
(a) The definitions in G.S. 10B-3 apply to this Subchapter.
(b) For purposes of Chapter 10B of the General Statutes and Subchapters 07B and 07C of this Chapter:
(1) "Applicant" means an individual who seeks appointment or reappointment to the office of notary public;
(2) "Appoint" or "Appointment" means the naming of an individual to the office of notary public after determination that the individual has complied with Chapter 10B of the General Statutes and Subchapter 07B of this Chapter. For the purposes of these Rules, the terms "appoint", "reappoint", "appointment", "reappointment", "commission", "recommission", "commissioning", and "recommissioning" all refer to the term "commission" as defined in G.S. 10B-3(4) or to the process of acquiring or maintaining such commission;
(3) "Appointee" means an individual who has been appointed or reappointed to the office of notary public but has not yet taken the oath of office to be commissioned;
(4) "Commissioning date" means the date of commissioning or recommissioning as entered on a commission certificate;
(5) "Crime" means a crime or:
(A) Attempt to commit a crime;
(B) Accessory to commission of a crime;
(C) Aiding and abetting of a crime;
(D) Conspiracy to commit a crime; or
(E) Solicitation to commit a crime.
(6) "Division" means the Notary Public Section of the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State.
History Note: Authority G.S. 10B-14(f);
Eff. April 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.