section .0200 - Applications
18 NCAC 07B .0201 GENERAL
(a) Other Professional Licenses. An applicant shall list on his or her application all suspensions, revocations and other disciplinary actions taken against the applicant regarding the applicant's current or former professional licenses.
(b) Criminal Record. An applicant shall list on his or her application all misdemeanor and felony convictions related to crimes of dishonesty and moral turpitude. For purposes of this Chapter, those crimes include:
(5) Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit;
(6) Child molestation;
(7) Child pornography;
(8) Discharge of a firearm in a public place or into a dwelling;
(9) Domestic violence;
(10) Driving under the influence;
(11) Unlawful possession or sale of drugs;
(13) Failure to comply with a court order;
(14) Failure to pay child support;
(15) Failure to return to confinement;
(16) False financial statements;
(19) Identity theft;
(20) Impersonation of a law enforcement officer;
(21) Hit and run;
(24) Multiple worthless checks showing a pattern of behavior indicating moral turpitude and dishonesty;
(25) A worthless check in excess of five hundred dollars ($500.00);
(26) Possession of an unregistered firearm;
(27) Practicing law without a license;
(29) Receipt of stolen goods or property;
(30) Resisting arrest;
(32) Statutory rape;
(33) Tax evasion;
(34) Terrorist threats or acts;
(36) Threats to commit a crime or cause bodily injury;
(37) Spousal abuse.
(c) In considering whether to appoint or reappoint an applicant to the office of notary public, the Director may consider the factors set forth in Rule .0901 of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 10B-5(d); 10B-7; 10B-11; 10B-14(f);
Eff. April 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.