18 NCAC 07B .0713 ORAL PRESENTATION REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANT
(a) A notary public instructor certification student shall provide an oral presentation of a section of the notary public curriculum which shall be evaluated according to the standards set forth in Paragraph (c) of this Rule.
(b) A passing grade on the notary public instructor certification oral presentation shall be 80 percent.
(c) The oral presentation of a notary public instructor certification student shall be graded for instructional ability using standards including the notary public instructor student's:
(1) Voice quality (projection, articulation, speech rate);
(2) Verbal skill (fluency and clarity);
(3) Physical appearance and mannerisms (attire, posture, body language, eye contact, movement) to project a professional demeanor;
(4) Professional qualities of the instructor (knowledge, self-confidence, tact, enthusiasm, sensitivity);
(5) Selection and use of training aids (use of writing surface and other aids, effective use of multimedia, transparencies, and slides, relates aids to objectives, and use of aids when scheduled);
(6) Presentation of information in logical sequence;
(7) Timing of presentation to allow for sufficient time for questions and discussion;
(8) Transition of subjects with continuous progression and development of lesson;
(9) Emphasis of key points and frequent summarization of topics to entire lesson or course and use of examples to clarify the subjects;
(10) Frequent establishment of relevance of the topics to entire lesson or course and use of examples to clarify the subjects; and
(11) Following the Division's notary public curriculum.
(d) A notary public instructor student who fails the oral presentation portion of the notary public instructor certification course may schedule one additional oral presentation within three months of the failure to complete the oral presentation requirement as required by Paragraph (b) of this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 10B-8; 10B-14;
Eff. January 1, 2008.