SECTION .1000 – PUBLIC RECORDS AND REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION
18 NCAC 07B .1001 PUBLIC INFORMATION
(a) The information that the Department shall make available on individual notaries public include:
(1) Full legal name;
(2) County of Commission;
(3) Employer's Name;
(4) Employer's street and mailing addresses;
(5) Employer's phone number;
(6) Status of Commission;
(7) Disciplinary action, if any.
(b) A request for confidential notary information shall be in writing and shall include documentation of the right of the requestor to receive the confidential notary information, including:
(1) Authorization of the notary that the person is an agent of the notary authorized to request and receive the information;
(2) Subpoena or court order;
(3) Statement of authority from a law enforcement or government agency; or
(4) N.C. State Bar applicant "Release of Information" form.
History Note: Authority G.S. 10B-2; 10B-7(b); 10B-14(f);
Eff. April 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.