18 NCAC 08 .0105 DEFINITIONS OF TERMS
The definitions in this Rule shall apply to the terms used in this Chapter:
(1) "Act" means the Act to Provide Assistance to Counties for Improvement of Land Records, Chapter 1099, 1977 N.C. Session Laws.
(2) "Applicant" means a board of county commissioners.
(3) "Department" means the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State.
(4) "Division" means the Land Records Management Program established in G.S. 147-54.3 and the statewide program for improvement of county land records.
(5) "Effective Date of Receipt of Applications" means the first day of the next quarter of the fiscal year (July 1, October 1, January 1, April 1) following actual receipt of the application in the Department.
(6) "Grant Allotment" means an agreement to pay grant funds in a lump sum or in installments to an applicant in accordance with the terms of the agreement. For this purpose, allotments shall in no case exceed one dollar ($1.00) for every dollar of local tax funds expended on the project by the County. Federal or other state funds available to the project will not be eligible as matching money under the state program.
(7) "Inspection" means inspection or inspections of a project for which a grant has been made under the Act to determine compliance with applicable state and local laws and rules.
(8) "Project" means the work or works described in the application for a state grant, and which is to be undertaken by the County if a state grant is awarded and other required funds are obtained. It does not include any expansion of the project described in the application except as may be permitted under the provisions of Rule .0502 of this Chapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 102-15; 102-16; 102-17; 147-54.3;
Eff. November 1, 1994;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 23, 2017.