19A NCAC 02B .0138 DISPOSITION OF IMPROVEMENTS
All improvements that are acquired in connection with the right of way are to be disposed of by one of the following methods:
(1) resold to the property owner for the retention value placed upon the improvement by the appraisal,
(2) sold by public sale or by a negotiated sale if no bids are received after public advertisement,
(3) demolished by the roadway contractor or by demolition contract,
(4) retained by the Department for other public use,
(5) sold to a displacee for replacement housing.
History Note: Authority G.S. 136‑18(2); 136‑19; 143B‑350(f),(g);
Eff. July 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1993; November 1, 1991;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.