19A NCAC 02C .0202 APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Any person or corporation desiring to construct a new subdivision road which is to be dedicated as public, must submit the following information to the District Engineer for proper evaluation in order to obtain a certificate of approval as required by G.S. 136‑102.6. If the new subdivision road (to be dedicated as public or private) will connect to a State System road, a permit authorizing construction on State right of way must be obtained from the Division of Highways before beginning any construction. Applications shall be made to the District Engineer having jurisdiction in the area. Applications for new subdivision roads shall include the following information:
(1) two complete site layouts, including any future expansion anticipated;
(2) horizontal alignment indicating general curve data on site layout plan;
(3) vertical alignment indicated by percent grade, P. I. station which is the point of intersecting grades, and vertical curve length on site layout plan. The plotting of the ground profile for roads where special conditions or problems exist may be required;
(4) typical section indicating the pavement design and width, and the slopes, widths and details for either the curb and gutter or the shoulder and ditch proposed;
(5) routine drainage facilities and drainage areas;
(6) vicinity map;
(7) the number of platted lots on each road shall be reviewed to insure that the minimum housing requirements are served; and
(8) four copies of the recorded plat after certification or upon application for State Maintenance.
History Note: Authority G.S. 136‑18(1); 136‑44.1;
Eff. April 3, 1981;
Amended Eff. December 29, 1993; July 1, 1984;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.