(a)  Application for a permit shall be made by a licensed housemover for movement of buildings or structures in excess of 15' in width to the appropriate Division of Highways district or division office in which the house is to be moved or in conjunction with other Division of Highways districts or divisions included in the proposed move.

(b)  It is not necessary for an individual to acquire a housemover license prior to applying for a permit if the power unit and building is owned by the permittee and such move is to or from property owned individually by the permittee.

(c)  Conditions, restrictions, and limitations on house move permits shall be determined by the Division of Highways.


History Note:        Authority G.S. 20‑119; 20-360; 136‑18(5);

Eff. July 1, 1978;

Amended Eff. November 1, 1993; October 1, 1991; April 1, 1984; January 1, 1979;

Filed as a Temporary Rule Eff. October 1, 2000;

Amended Eff. August 1, 2002.