19A NCAC 02D .0705 REVIEW PROCEDURES
(a) Upon receipt of a completed application, the Chief Engineer shall acknowledge the receipt and initiate a preliminary investigation and review.
(b) In reviewing the application, the following factors shall be taken into consideration as a basis for approval or disapproval:
(1) traffic count;
(2) availability of an acceptable detour;
(3) length of an acceptable detour;
(4) type road surface (paved or unpaved);
(5) school bus route – number of buses;
(6) anticipated frequency of flooding;
(7) anticipated duration of flooding;
(8) cost estimates to raise the roadway above flood stage;
(9) probability of future significant changes in traffic characteristics;
(10) comments from affected utilities; and
(11) comments from general public.
(c) Under no condition shall a permit be issued to allow flooding which would isolate any home, business, or other commercial establishment.
History Note: Authority G.S. 136-64.1(d);
Eff. July 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2012;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.