19A NCAC 02D .0830 DEFINITIONS
This Section establishes the Department's rules for letting of contracts pursuant to G.S. 136-28.1(a). For purposes of this Section, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Bid" means the offer of a bidder on the proposal furnished by the Department to perform work and furnish labor and materials at the prices quoted.
(2) "Bidder" means an individual, partnership, firm, corporation, or joint venture formally submitting a bid for the work contemplated.
(3) "Bid documents" means the package of materials, in paper or electronic form, containing all project specific contract information including the plans and proposals furnished by the Department.
(4) "Contract" means the executed agreement between the Department of Transportation and the successful bidder, covering the performance of the work and the compensation for work.
(5) "Department" means the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
(6) "Debarment certification form" means a certification form provided by the Department for execution by the prospective bidder or subcontractor certifying that he is not, nor has been, debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from certain transactions and has not been charged, indicted or convicted of debarment related activities and shall otherwise assume debarment certification responsibilities as part of any contract with the Department.
(7) "Invitation to bid" means the notification that bids will be received for the construction of specific projects.
History Note: Authority G.S. 136‑28.1;
Eff. October 1, 1993;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2008;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.