19A NCAC 02E .0206 APPLICATIONS
(a) An application for an outdoor advertising permit shall be made on NCDOT form OA-1, which may be obtained at any District Office. Upon completion, the application shall be submitted to the district office for the district where the proposed site is located. The application shall include the following attachments:
(1) A written lease or written proof of interest in the land where a sign is proposed to be constructed. An applicant may delete information pertaining to term and amount of lease;
(2) A right of entry form to provide the right of entry from the property owner or adjacent property owners to allow DOT personnel to enter upon property when necessary for the enforcement of the Outdoor Advertising Control Act or these rules;
(3) If zoned, a written statement from the local zoning authority indicating the present zoning of the parcel and its effective date. Upon request of the district engineer, the applicant shall submit copies of minutes from the appropriate zoning authority pertinent to the zoning action;
(4) If the area is an unzoned commercial or industrial area, a copy of the documentation confirming that the requirements under .19A NCAC 02E .0203(5)(a)(i) and (ii) have been met;
(5) A sign permit of zoning permit, if required by the local government having jurisdiction over the proposed location;
(6) A written certification from the sign owner indicating there has been no misrepresentation of any material facts regarding the permit application, or other information supplied to acquire a permit; and
(7) The initial nonrefundable permit fee.
(b) Any omission of attachments or certification required in Items (1) through (7) in this Rule may cause the rejection of the application. If the application is incomplete, the entire application package, including application fee, shall be returned to the applicant.
History Note: Authority G.S. 136‑130;
Eff. July 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2000; November 1, 1993; December 1, 1990; June 15, 1981.