19A NCAC 02E .0802 PERMITS REQUIRED
(a) All organizations desiring to solicit under the provisions of this Section must first obtain a permit from the Department of Transportation for the stated purpose of allowing their members to solicit at designated areas on the state highway system.
(b) Written requests for permits for solicitation shall be sent to the appropriate Division Engineer of the Division of Highways in which the rest area or welcome center is located.
(c) Written requests must include all of the following:
(1) copy of certificate showing that the applicant is exempt from federal income tax as a religious, educational or charitable organization as provided in 26 USC 501(c)(3) together with the applicant's tax exemption number;
(2) a statement indicating the locations where the organization intends to solicit contributions;
(3) the name and address of each individual authorized to solicit for the applicant;
(4) the name of an officer of the applicant, together with an address, to whom the permit is to be sent and complaints are to be directed; and
(5) if the request for a permit is from a non-religious educational or charitable organization, a written description of the organization's past efforts serving and promoting the safety of the traveling public.
(d) When all the appropriate information required in Paragraph (c) of this Rule has been provided by the applicant, a permit shall be issued by the Chief Engineer, or his duly authorized representative, and said permit shall be effective for a period of 30 days from the date of issuance.
(e) Each permit issued shall describe the activity authorized, the area in which it may be conducted, and the period of time for which the permit is issued.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20-175; 136-18;
Eff. November 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2012; October 1, 1991; September 1, 1986; August 1, 1986; September 1, 1985;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.