19A NCAC 02E .1006 APPLICATION FOR DESIGNATION
(a) The following items shall be included for a Scenic Byway application, but is not limited to such items, to be considered:
(1) The proponent's name, address, telephone number, and name, address, and telephone number of the organization represented if applicable;
(2) A written description of the section of highway to be designated including intrinsic qualities of significance;
(3) Photographic slides of the area indicating intrinsic qualities of significance;
(4) County maps with proposed route marked clearly;
(5) Copies of zoning ordinances applicable to the route or a written list of existing land‑use areas for unzoned areas;
(6) Documentation of notice given to local governments adjacent to proposed route;
(7) For unzoned areas, a written list of commercial or industrial activities adjacent to or within 800 feet of the pavement of the proposed route; and
(8) An optional Scenic Byway Management Plan may be submitted with an application.
(b) All applications shall be received by the Roadside Environmental Unit, N.C. DOT, PO Box 25201, Raleigh, NC 27611, no later than August 31 of each year. Incomplete applications shall not be accepted and will be returned to the proponent.
(c) Application and all application materials shall become the property of the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 136‑18(5); 136‑122 through 136‑125; 136‑129.2; 143B‑348;
Eff. March 1, 1995.