19A NCAC 02E .1008 REMOVAL APPLICATION
(a) The following shall be included in a Scenic Byway removal application, but is not limited to such items, to be considered.
(1) Characteristic which has changed such that it no longer meets criteria for designation;
(2) Documentation of current zoning, ordinances, and other land‑use controls;
(3) Documentation of public notification of removal to relative parties and legal notice of public notification;
(4) Written route or section of route description, including elements supporting the proposal to remove;
(5) Written applicant information including name, address, and telephone number;
(6) Photographic slides of characteristics supporting proposal to remove;
(7) County maps with route or section of route marked.
(b) Application must be received by the Roadside Environmental Unit, N.C.D.O.T., P.O. Box 25201, Raleigh, NC 27611 at least six months prior to the annual Board meeting set aside for Scenic Byway review. Incomplete applications shall not be accepted and will be returned to the proponent.
(c) All applications and application materials shall become property of the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 136‑18(5); 136‑122 through 136‑125; 136‑129.2; 143B‑348;
Eff. March 1, 1995;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.