19A NCAC 03B .0604 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Section:
(1) "Company" means a corporation, partnership, joint venture, sole proprietorship or a federal, state, county or municipal agency. Schools as defined by this section are not companies.
(2) "Company Examiner" means a person selected by a company and certified by the Division to administer road tests for Class "A" or "B" license applicants.
(3) "Company Safety Officer" means the person or persons selected by a company to supervise the company's examiners and be responsible for the maintenance of records and submission of forms to the Division.
(4) "Full‑time Employee" means a person who works for a company a minimum average of 37 1/2 hours per week.
(5) "Student" means any individual who is enrolled in a commercial driver training school or school on a full‑time basis. The number of hours required to complete such school shall be at least 163 hours. Students may attend school on a part‑time basis to obtain the necessary hours. Correspondence courses are not included in the number of hours needed for the purpose of administering road tests.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑4.01; 20‑7(c); 20-321;
Eff. July 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1993.