19A NCAC 03B .0615 CRITERIA: COMMERCIAL SCHOOL OR COMMUNITY COLLEGE APPROVAL
A commercial driver training school or community college which applies for the authority to administer road tests and certify that its students are qualified to drive the type vehicle in either Class "A" or "B" category must:
(1) make application to the Division for a license;
(2) have students who are applicants for either Class "A" or "B" license;
(3) appoint a school safety officer and an examiner;
(4) own, rent, or lease vehicles that require Class "A" or "B" license to be operated in North Carolina;
(5) road test only students enrolled in the school on a full‑time basis or enrolled in the full‑time course on a part‑time basis (This does not include correspondence courses.);
(6) require all instructors to be licensed by the School Bus and Traffic Safety Section of the Division of Motor Vehicles before applying for a license as a school examiner;
(7) have teaching facilities adequately designed to conduct classes as outlined in 19A NCAC 3I (Rules and Regulations Governing the Licensing of Commercial Driver Training Schools and Instruction).
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑7; 20-321; S.L. 1979, Ch. 667, s. 40;
Eff. July 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1993.