19A NCAC 03B .0702 DEFINITIONS
The following words and terms, when used in these requirements, shall have the following meaning:
(1) "Division" ‑ The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles.
(2) "Commissioner" ‑ The North Carolina Commissioner of Motor Vehicles.
(3) "CDL" ‑ Commercial Drivers License.
(4) "FHWA" ‑ Federal Highway Administration.
(5) "FMCSR" ‑ The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations promulgated by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
(6) "Approved Testing Program" ‑ The skills tests required by the Division which shall be administered by a Third Party Tester.
(7) "Tester Certificate" ‑ The document issued to a Third Party Tester authorizing them to administer the approved testing program on behalf of the Division.
(8) "Third Party Tester" ‑ A government entity, association, educational institution or business entity engaged in the use of commercial motor vehicles, licensed by the Division to administer the approved testing program for CDL applicants in accordance with these requirements.
(9) "Third Party Examiner" ‑ An individual who is a payroll employee of a Third Party Tester and who has been issued an examiner certificate to conduct the skills tests required for a CDL.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑37.22;
Eff. September 1, 1990.