19A NCAC 03B .0704 REQUIREMENTS FOR THIRD PARTY EXAMINERS
(a) Third Party Examiners may conduct skills tests on behalf of only one Third Party Tester at any given time. If a Third Party Examiner leaves the employ of a Third Party Tester he/she must reapply in order to conduct tests on behalf of a new Third Party Tester.
(b) To qualify as a Third Party Examiner, an individual must:
(1) Make application on a form provided by the Division;
(2) Be a payroll employee of the Third Party Tester;
(3) Possess a valid North Carolina Driver's License with classification and endorsements required for operation of the class and type of commercial motor vehicle used in the skills tests conducted by the Examiner; and
(4) Have successfully completed the CDL Examiner Training Course conducted by the Division. Persons who were certified as Third Party Examiners prior to August 1, 1994 who did not successfully complete the CDL Examiner Training Course conducted by the Division must successfully complete that course prior to January 1, 1995 to maintain certification as Third Party Examiners. At a minimum upon completion of the training the Third Party Examiner shall have acquired and demonstrated the following knowledge and skills:
(A) A comprehensive understanding of North Carolina G.S., Chapter 20 Article 2C and the rules adopted pursuant thereto;
(B) A working knowledge of the CDL testing procedures and forms;
(C) Ability to administer and score correctly each of the CDL skills test; and
(D) Knowledge of testing site and route requirements.
(5) Take part in all Division required advanced training courses, workshops and seminars;
(6) Within ten years prior to application have had no convictions for Driving While Impaired (DWI);
(7) Within five years prior to application have had no driver's license suspensions, revocations, cancellations or disqualifications;
(8) Be at least 21 years of age;
(9) Conduct skills tests on behalf of the Third Party Tester, in accordance with these Rules and in accordance with current instructions provided by the Division.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20-37.13; 20‑37.22;
Eff. September 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1994; December 1, 1993.