19A NCAC 03B .0706 APPLICATION FOR THIRD PARTY TESTER CERTIFICATION
(a) Before any certificate is issued, an application shall be made in writing to the Division on a form prepared and furnished by the Division. The application shall include the following:
(1) The official name, address, and telephone number of the principal office or headquarters.
(2) Name, title, address and telephone number of the individual who has been designated the applicant's contact person.
(3) Description of the type of organization that is applying (governmental entity, association, motor carrier, educational institution), as well as the length of time they have been in business in North Carolina, if applicable.
(4) A description of the vehicle fleet owned or leased by the applicant, including a complete equipment roster as listed for insurance purposes.
(5) The class of testing for which the applicant is applying.
(6) The total number of North Carolina licensed drivers employed to operate commercial motor vehicles, and the number of such drivers who are full‑time, part‑time, and seasonal.
(7) Name, driver's license number, social security number and home address of those payroll employee(s) who wish to be approved as Third Party Examiners.
(8) Proof the Third Party Tester meets the insurance requirements as stated in Rule .0714 (a) ‑ (d).
(9) The address of each North Carolina location where the applicant intends to conduct the skills tests as well as a description of the off‑road facilities including a map, drawing or written description of the road test route that will be used for the on‑road portion of the skills test.
(b) Educational Institutions must submit with their application a description of their facilities, equipment and training curriculum. The number of applications for the previous year and the percent graduated must also be included.
(c) An applicant for a certificate shall also execute an agreement form provided by the Division in which the applicant agrees, at a minimum, to comply with the requirements and instructions of the Division for Third Party Tester, including audit procedures, and agrees to hold the Division harmless from liability resulting from the Third Party Tester's administration of its CDL Skills Test Program.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑37.22;
Eff. September 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1993.