19A NCAC 03C .0220 MANUFACTURER'S CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN
(a) The term "Manufacturer's Certificate" is defined by G.S. 20‑4.01(20). The certificate must contain the following information:
(1) transfer date;
(2) to whom it is issued;
(3) the vehicle description;
(4) manufacturer's name and address (may be preprinted); and
(5) countersignature of agent (rubber stamped or written).
(b) Assignment of Manufacturer's Certificate.
(1) If purchaser is not a licensed dealer, certificate of title must be obtained prior to further transfer.
(2) When assignment is made by manufacturer to a dealer, dealer must make re-assignment on reverse of Manufacturer's Certificate.
(3) Assignment must agree with name on dealer's license.
(4) Lien information must be recorded in assignment.
(5) Assignments must be notarized.
(6) Alterations of improper assignment will void Manufacturer's Certificate and will require the return of the certificate to the manufacturer for correction.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑1; 20‑4.01; 20‑39; 20‑52; 20‑52.1; 20‑54; 20‑85; 20‑309;
Eff. March 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1993.