19A NCAC 03C .0222 REGISTRATION: CUSTOM BUILT MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAILERS
Registration of a custom built motor vehicle or trailer requires the following:
(1) bills of sale for the principal parts;
(2) cancellation of the title if the number on the motor or frame is registered in North Carolina;
(3) form MVR‑1 indicating custom built and the date;
(4) a notarized statement that the vehicle was built from parts described by the bills of sale; and
(5) inspection by a motor vehicles inspector.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑1; 20‑4.01; 20‑39; 20‑53;
Eff. March 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1993; August 1, 1982.