19A NCAC 03C .0236 PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE TRANSFER WITHIN 28 DAYS
The following are exempted from the requirement to make application for title within 28 days of acquiring a vehicle (G.S. 20‑73):
(1) licensed dealers;
(2) transfer upon inheritance;
(3) transfer by operation of law where confirmation of the sale is required;
(4) transfer by the court (such as bankruptcy and confiscation);
(5) dealers or repossessors when applying for title in their name;
(6) out of state dealers reassigning North Carolina titles to North Carolina purchasers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑1; 20‑39; 20‑73; 20-77;
Eff. March 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1993; November 1, 1991.