19A NCAC 03C .0304 VERIFICATION OF CERTIFICATION
(a) Insurance Certification forms requesting verification shall be addressed to insurers by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
(b) Insurers shall respond to requests for certification within 15 days after receipt by the insurer.
(c) The form completed by the Division of Motor Vehicles must contain:
(1) vehicle owner's name and address;
(2) vehicle make, model and vehicle identification number;
(3) date certification was made by the registrant; and
(4) date certification request was prepared by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
(d) Data to be furnished by the insurer must include at least one of the following:
(1) the vehicle is currently insured against liability;
(2) the vehicle is not currently insured, but was insured at the time of certification; or
(3) no record of any liability insurance is available for the vehicle described.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑39; 20‑279.2; 20‑316.1;
Eff. July 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1993; November 1, 1991; February 1, 1982.