19A NCAC 03C .0430 PLATE CLASSIFICATION: EXCHANGES AND CREDITS
When plates are exchanged, fees due and credits allowed are as follows:
(1) The full amount of the special mobile equipment fee, four dollars ($4.00) is always allowed as a credit.
(2) When an annual plate is exchanged for an annual plate, fees and credits are based on a quarter year prorate basis.
(3) When an annual plate is exchanged for a staggered series plate, fees and credits are based on a monthly prorate basis. Fees are due for a full 12 months.
(4) When a staggered series plate is exchanged for an annual plate, credit is prorated monthly and fees are collected on a quarter year basis.
(5) When a staggered plate is exchanged for a staggered plate, credit allowed and fees due are prorated monthly.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑39; 20‑64;
Eff. March 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1994.