(a)  Application for transporter registration must be accompanied by a North Carolina Certificate of Insurance.  (The insurance must be in effect for the benefit of the applicant, either a comprehensive automobile policy or a repossessed car policy.)

(b)  Transporter plates may be used only for limited operation of vehicles in connection with the manufacture, construction or rebuilding of trucks, cabs or bodies, the foreclosure or repossession of vehicles owned or controlled by the registrant, the movement of replaced vehicles for sale by a public utility, the towing of mobile homes with properly licensed vehicles and to a person engaged in business which owns and operates a fleet of five or more trucks licensed for 15,000 gross or more and maintains own repair facilities.


History Note:        Authority G.S. 20‑39; 20‑79.2; 20‑87(8);

Eff. March 1, 1982;

Amended Eff. October 1, 1984.