19A NCAC 03D .0235 TYPE II MODERATE OR LESS SERIOUS VIOLATIONS
The Division of Motor Vehicles shall apply the Civil Penalty Schedule for Type II Violations against a licensed automobile dealer for any of the following:
(1) Failing to maintain in full force and effect a corporate surety bond as required by G.S. 20-288(c);
(2) Displaying motor vehicles for sale at retail at a location other than an established salesroom as required in G.S. 20-292;
(3) Failing to inspect new vehicles prior to retail sale and failing to inspect used vehicles before they are offered for sale as required in G.S. 20-183.4C;
(4) Failing to maintain and retain a record of all vehicles received and sold by the dealer to include all Division of Motor Vehicles' requirements for the period of time required by the Division as addressed in G.S. 20-297;
(5) Improperly issuing or using 30-day temporary markers as addressed in G.S. 20-79.1;
(6) Violating any rules in connection with the selling of vehicles on consignment as addressed in 19A NCAC 03D .0226; and
(7) Violating any laws concerning conspicuous disclosure of dealer administrative fees or finance yield charges as addressed in G.S. 20-101.1 and G.S. 20-101.2.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20-39; 20-287;
Eff. August 1, 2004.