19A NCAC 03D .0529 CERTIFICATION
When the vehicle has been approved, the Inspection mechanic shall:
(1) Prepare the appropriate sticker (safety equipment or safety equipment/exhaust emission) for affixing to the vehicle.
(2) Remove the old inspection sticker from the windshield.
(3) Follow the instructions on the "Inspection Sticker."
(4) Place the "Inspection Sticker" on the inside of windshield at the bottom of the left side so that the edge of the sticker is no more than one inch from the left side of the windshield. Platforms are required for glass-plastic windshields.
(5) For vehicles without windshields, issue motorcycle/trailer stickers or non-windshield safety/emission stickers. The sticker shall be placed on the left side of vehicle as near the front as possible.
(6) List the total inspection repair charges made, if any, on the "Receipt and Statement" form along with the serial number of the inspection sticker which was attached to the inspected vehicle. A Safety Equipment Exhaust Emission inspection mechanic must enter all required information into the analyzer.
(7) Collect fees as described in G.S. 20-183.7.
(8) Sign and give the original of the "Receipt and Statement" form to the operator or owner.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20-2; 20-39; 20-183.4D; 20-183.7;
Eff. October 1, 1994.