19A NCAC 03D .0540 REAR VIEW MIRRORS
Rear view mirrors shall not be approved if:
(1) Loosely mounted.
(2) Forward vision of the device is obstructed by mirror assembly.
(3) They do not provide a clear view of the highway to the rear.
(4) Cracked, broken, have sharp edges or can not be cleaned such that rear vision is not obscured.
(5) Very difficult to adjust or they will not maintain a set adjustment.
(6) Bus, truck or truck-tractor with a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more is not equipped with a rear vision mirror on each side.
(7) Vehicles manufactured, assembled, or first sold after January 1, 1966 are not equipped with outside rear view mirrors on the driver's side.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20-2; 20-39; 20-183.3(8);
Eff. October 1, 1994.